Stephen Colbert, the NY GIANTS, and my Valentine's Day Gift from Anna


My girlfriend Anna went to the Modell's Sporting Goods store in Times Square after work on Tuesday, to buy me a Valentine's Day gift. After finding the very last (size large) NY GIANTS Superbowl Championship T-shirt, she saw Stephen Colbert (of The Colbert Report) in the store. He came right up to her, and asked her to help him find another GIANTS T-shirt, in size large.

Not wanting to tell him that she got the last one, she engaged him in small talk, telling him she loved the segment where he and Mike Huckabee played "air hockey" with a miniature state of Texas. He replied (I paraphrase) "thanks, and we didn't have any writers for that show."


They talked a little bit, and she said "he seemed kind of strange," but didn't elaborate, when telling me about it in our nightly phone conversation. He asked her if she was buying the shirt for herself. She said "No! It's for my boyfriend, for Valentine's Day!" He abruptly said "Well, I'll let you get back to your shopping."



Now, I don't know if he was flirting with her or not, but I'll get the full story on Valentine's Day, when she comes over with my GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS T-shirt. (I got her some lovely gold earrings, and a set of 3 small gold rings, both of which she picked out.) I'm sure that Modell's had more of the shirts, in a storeroom. I mean, it's the "flagship" store, in Times Square.



Still, it was too funny a story not to share. I told her I was going to post about it, and she didn't mind. In the immortal words of Cindy Adams, "ONLY IN NEW YORK, KIDS, ONLY IN NEW YORK."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Biden Record, and the Democrats Who Supported It, Pt. 4: How Biden Blew Up the Economy With Inflation

The Biden Debacle Part II

The Bogus Charges Against Pres. Trump, Part IV