111 Terrorists Bite the Dust This Week

With the awful saga of Terri Schiavo unfolding, I thought I'd write about some deaths that we CAN celebrate. This, from the AP:

"BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - U.S. and Iraqi forces raided a suspected guerrilla training camp and killed 85 fighters, the single biggest one-day death toll for militants in months and the latest in a series of blows to the insurgency, Iraqi officials said Wednesday.
The U.S. military announced late Tuesday that its air and ground forces backed Iraqi commandos during a noontime raid on the suspected training camp near Lake Tharthar in central Iraq. Seven commandos died in fighting, the U.S. military said. It did not give a death toll for the militants.
Iraqi officials said Wednesday 85 insurgents died in the clash _ the largest number killed in a single battle since the U.S. Marine-led November attack on the former militant stronghold of Fallujah left more than 1,000 dead. On Sunday, U.S. forces killed 26 attackers after an ambush south of Baghdad."

While I pray for a miracle to save Ms. Schiavo's life, I thank God for the deaths of so many who would kill innocents in Iraq. It's just a shame that the same government that is protecting innocent lives in Iraq is taking an innocet's life here at home.

PS: If over a hundred Iraqis or US troops were killed this week, it would've knocked the Schiavo story off the MSM's radar screen for a few days, at least. I have to see how widely the good news is reported before I go blaming it on media bias, but I have my suspicions.

Comments

Rosemary Welch said…
You got it on the AP, right? If it didn't hit the news tonight, it won't. I don't waste my time anymore. My brother can't handle the screaming at the TV! LOL. Let us know. Have a great day, and thanks for the story by Marianne. It was wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

The Biden Debacle Part II

The Biden Record, and the Democrats Who Supported It, Pt. 4: How Biden Blew Up the Economy With Inflation

The Bogus Charges Against Pres. Trump, Part IV